Semi-trucks are one of the key sources of livelihoods for many drivers. It is important to understand how to keep the vehicle safe and know the tricks to maintain it. Semi-truck maintenance is a necessity for such drivers, as one cannot always guarantee a healthy vehicle. Breakdowns happen, and simple semi-truck mechanic tricks can do wonders. This will make sure that your truck can last longer and stay in shape too.
However, monetary issues are also prevalent, and it sometimes costs a lot to have periodic maintenance of your truck. Hence, you must get your hands dirty and get down into the maintenance works. The same can be said about repairs, and there are some cool hacks to make these things work.
Here are a few semi-truck maintenance tricks to repair and maintain your truck while keeping budgets in mind.
- Make sure to change the oil periodically as trucks often have very high power engines and require gigantic amounts of oil. Semi-truckrepairs in Gainesville and other places cite this as a common method of maintenance.
- Keep a check on the radiator, especially before long trips. If there are any leaks, address the issue as soon as possible.
- Make sure you know the tire pressure and check it from time to time. The variable weather and speeds can affect it a lot, and so it becomes even more important to check it before and after long drives,
- The fuel vent should be cleaned, and insects and other microbes should not be allowed to build nests in there as they can cause severe blockages.
- Oil the parts that need to be smoothened. These especially include the parts which move and have joints present. This regular greasing can help your truck last longer and have less dire problems that need expensive repairs.
- Check your brakes from time to time! Breaks are one of the most important parts of any vehicle, and you must keep an eye on them. Inspect them and make sure they are in their best possible condition. Sounds and squeaks can act as warning signs to consult a mechanic.
- The ACs need to be checked often too. As, during long hot drives, you would not want this system to fail. Semi-truck repairs in Gainesville and other places say that this is a common mishap.
- Make sure you regularly clean your truck. This may seem like a far-fetched contributor to your maintenance. This helps in not letting joints and other parts be affected by rust and other determinants and keeps them working for a longer duration.